It never was so cold between us
[html]

WC:487+
Big Grin Let the estrogen fly!

Not every day could be spent in the warm comforts of his house. Especially not days such as this. The night before had been the last day of the year, making this the first day of the new year... which meant Matteo had some work to do. Namely, his stores were running low. He'd been so focused on the Inferni job that his first job in AniWaya had taken a back seat, and now he was regretting it.

Camilla, have you seen my satchel bag? He called over to his sister, who was visiting from the next house over to help clean up. He walked out of the living room to spot her in the kitchen doorway, holding up his black bag and lifting an eyebrow at him in that teenage attitude she had.

Y'mean your purse? Here yah go. She teased as she held it out for him. Teo rumbled a complaint at the mocking and snatched it away from her, sending her a look.

So where are you going to find these missing ingredients anyway? It's the middle of winter. Nothing's green or ripe at this time of year.

I know that. But I figured I'd go and check out Halifax. They usually have some good traders up there. It's worth a shot, anyway. AniWaya was a bountiful place during the spring, with plenty of medical herbs growing in its territory. He was hopeful that someone would be kind enough to lend a poor medicine man a helping hand until that time came again.

With little more conversation, he dressed in his warm jacket and headed out the door, whistling for Jericho as he passed the stables; he'd taken her out earlier, but had left her near the stables for the time being. Now, she came trotting up to him obediently and knickered a warm welcome back. He smiled and rubbed a hand across her nose gently before moving to mount up.

And then it was off to the borders. They rode away from the village at a steady trot and by the time he reached the borders, he'd finally gotten used to the cold. It came as a surprise to him, however, when he found a man standing there at the border's fence, his scent telling Matteo that he was from the Court.

Jericho slowed as they approached. Osiyo, sir. He greeted as he rode to a stop on the other side of the fence, staying mounted for the time being and feeling rather proud of himself for remembering the term for 'hello'. What brings a man of the court by our humble borders? He wore a smile and the tone suggested a friendly, laid-back sort of guy. Truthfull, he was just happy to be riding again and felt no need to be strict and mean to someone, even if the man smelled of the Court.

<style> .AnaFK-22 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;} .AnaFK-22 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;} .AnaFK-22 b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFF; text-shadow:#000 0px 0px 3px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;} .AnaFK-22 {background-color:#caccc9; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; line-height:16px; width:476px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb29 ... uls/20.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:326px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .AnaFK-22-border {width:478px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
.AnaFK-22 p b:before { content: open-quote; } .AnaFK-22 p b:after {content: close-quote; } </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread