she won't bite unless it brings me joy.
[html]

(566)

The roan woman had spent enough time around Ezekiel to know he was not particularly fond of Halo. Myrika could not truly see why -- she liked Halo. Then again, she did not need to deal with the girl in the context of a leader, either. Her ears swiveled forward with interest at the mention of trespassers, her cerulean-hued eyes grown wide. Myrika had never encountered anyone trespassing on Inferni territory, but perhaps she had just been lucky thus far. She had found a few wolves close to the borders, but they had been nice enough to turn away once she asked them to -- and, well. She had warned them her cousins would treat them less kindly, hadn't she? The wolves she'd encountered were lucky to have met her rather than Halo, after all.

Well... I'm not a scout anymore, Myrika said, grinning broadly. So, you can't blame me. These words were playful, the woman's long and tawny tail lashing the air behind her to signify her amusement. Really, though -- I would have liked to been with you to find a trespasser, the woman said, perhaps too eagerly. I know what to do in theory, but... for doing it -- not so much. In truth, the thought of showing fangs and attempting to frighten rather frightened Myrika. She did not know if she was capable of such things.

It was easy for Halo -- the cinnamon-furred coyote simply had a stronger mettle than Myrika. She had been raised in Inferni, after all, and she had lived here through many leaders -- and had even been one herself. Myrika did not know the circumstances behind Halo's demotion -- or was it something other than a demotion? -- but she dared not ask the red-eyed woman directly, at least not yet. Much as she liked the Triarii, Myrika had a distinctive -- and perhaps correct -- intuition such a question would deeply offend her dark-haired companion.

Such foresight was not all that strange, of course. Who wished to dredge up painful memories of the past and entertain an interrogation about a publicly embarrassing moment? The Consul however, was curious as ever, and in addition to wanting to know why, she also wanted to know what kept Halo within Inferni now. Perhaps it was Kaena -- the crimson-eyed woman seemed to hold their old matriarch in some esteem, after all. Myrika did not think a single old woman could bind a force as fiery and feisty as Halo to anything. Perhaps it was Inferni itself?

Find anything interesting? I heard there was some kind of war, the coyote said, shrugging one tawny shoulder. She did not very much care for the goings-on of the southern packs -- or any other packs, really. She mostly kept to Inferni, and today's venture beyond the borders was a rather rare occurrence. Doesn't matter much, I guess... as long as they stay away from Inferni. This statement was punctuated with a smile, and Myrika eagerly looked for Halo's answer, hoping it did not pry too deeply. As much as she liked the older woman's company, Myrika could not help but feel as if she walked across eggshells around Halo -- and Halo apparently liked her. Myri did not wish to alter this relationship, as Halo's favor seemed a rare attainment even amongst those of her blood family.

Myrika is by Alaine!

<style>
#myriAlaineLup {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myriAlaineLup p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myriAlaineLup p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
}
#myriAlaineLup .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#myriAlaineLup .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriAlaineLup b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriAlaineLup u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriAlaineLup b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriAlaineLup b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriAlaineLup b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread