life fades away in the dead man's hand
[html]

UN CANETON. Or well, we just say bébé canard, actually. XD

Word Count → 362

Lilin couldn't quite decipher whether the other female was in a hurry or not.There had been a subtle shift in her stance, a slight turn in the opposite direction. It was her own inquiry that pulled back the reins, retaining the alabaster gal's attention long enough to somehow form a conversation out of casual hello's. Courtesy and spontaneous chit-chat were things she'd never experienced until recently. And up to this day, no stranger had thrown a simple greeting her way out of good manners, if that had even been the girl's intention in the first place. Months ago, she had considered herself a good judge of character. But now, since meeting Barrett and encountering a wide variety of other personalities ranging from good to bad, she wasn't so sure anymore. First impressions were often sufficient enough to deduce if a person was best avoided and needless to say, avoidance didn't seem to be necessary in this case.

Her previous assumptions pertaining to the stranger's place of residence had been wrong. She did live somewhere in Halifax. Lilin nodded in acquiescence. After all, the city was big enough to harbor other individuals. “I guess I am new,” she admitted, bringing both of her shoulders up to form a shrug. It had been less than a full moon's time and she had run into a total of five people, at most. “I'm staying with a friend not too far away from here, down by Hillsboro and Auburn Drive.” Well, Barry wasn't exactly a friend yet. More of an acquaintance but getting into that was rather trivial at this point in time. She paused for a moment, searching for any signs of recognition in the older femme's contrasting orbs. The following question was in part due to her age, as a matter of fact. Lilin wouldn't have asked had it been someone less than two but there was an actual chance that this woman actually knew of her paternal family. “I'm pretty sure my family's from around here though. I remember my mom saying my father's name is Haku, or something like that. Do you know where I can find him?” It was worth a shot.

table by the Mentors!

<style>
.lilinbroke .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.lilinbroke p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lilinbroke b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.lilinbroke {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/awja0.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a9a9a9; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#FFFFFF;}
.lilinbroke .inner {margin:0px 10px 281px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#3B4E48;}
.lilinbroke .wordcount {color:#636363; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #636363; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread