life fades away in the dead man's hand
[html]

sorryyy about the wait, i fail at getting my shiet together lately. work is hell. <3

Word Count → 263

In a way, she had expected the lassitude that came in reply to her description of Hilsburn. This lady didn't necessarily fit the profile of Barry's customers nor did she give off any lascivious vibes as many of his women did. If anything, the older woman depicted normality and nothing more. Her sire's name did rouse an unexpected reaction out of her, or multiple ones. As much as Lilin tried to decipher the emotions to cross the loner's face, she couldn't pinpoint anything but a certain level of courteous chagrin. The two-toned juvenile took the apology with a dip of her nose and a flustered grimace. It was almost as if this was her cue to express remorse for asking, for bringing back forgotten memories.

The ghostly femme's hesitation, the way his name rolled off her tongue and the hushed sound of her voice suggested something more. Surely they had been more than acquaintances. Childhood crushes, perhaps? This was an interesting hypothesis that brought forth many other inquiries: how many mates had he taken? How many offsprings did he have? The degree of distress in the older wolf's announcement was somewhat alarming. Lilin couldn't help but respond by flattening her receivers firmly against her skull. “I'm sorry.” she muttered then, visibly uncomfortable with the situation at hand. Had she known Haku Soul, perhaps she would've reacted differently. But to her, he was just a name. He had contributed to her conception and they shared no father-daughter bond. It was an abstract connection. “How did he... pass away?” Curiosity far outweighed any other emotion.

table by the Mentors!

<style>
.lilinbroke .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.lilinbroke p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lilinbroke b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.lilinbroke {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/awja0.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a9a9a9; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#FFFFFF;}
.lilinbroke .inner {margin:0px 10px 281px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#3B4E48;}
.lilinbroke .wordcount {color:#636363; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #636363; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread