life fades away in the dead man's hand
8D It's kind of my thing.

[html]
[/html] The girl was perceptive; Tayui could tell. Even though Tayui had hoped to deflect these questions until she was absolutely certain it was right to tell the whole story, she could see questions forming in the girl’s eyes. Tayui felt bad for leading her on so, and even though she didn’t want to justify it with the age-old saying that it was for her own good, she suspected it was a part of it. For the most part, it was for Tayui’s own good. She didn’t plan on going around spilling her secrets to everyone.

She drew herself up, with a haughty sneer when the girl asked of their relationship. “It’s none of your business, my girl,” she reprimanded gently. Even though her words drifted like a fair summer breeze, it was quite evident there was more force behind the words. “My name is Noir. Your father was a murderer and a rapist. He murdered me, you see, when I was very young. I haven’t gotten over it and it’s been some time since.” As she spoke, her words progressively became more forceful. She did not yell: she only became firmer in her assertions. Yes, her father was a monster and he had deserved the death that had been brought unto him by the angel Gabriel.

For a fleeting moment, Tayui wondered if this was what madness sounded like. She suspected it was like wind chimes shattering on a warm summer’s day. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread