eff' that, i'll take fifty!
[html]
This is gonna be weird, but.. I want Anselm to have something of a one night stand. XD. One night stands are supposed to be impulsive, so I figured "hey, why bother formulating a plot about it??" Tongue For realisms sake, though, I must request a female at least approximately in his age range, nobody he already knows, and nobody from Inferni because that'd be too awkward for him later. XD Also, chemistry on at least some level has to work out IC, or else.. it doesn't make sense (although I've already got him loaded, so that should help). Future plots available! even if it's just something little like bumping into one another again or something and having it be weird. Hah. Who knows, I'm hoping it'll figure itself out. We can fade to black if you want to. First post got long, it won't be that bad in the future.

!@#$%Months before Gabriel set fire to the lands of Bleeding Souls--quite some time before the historic Storm, Jaded Shadows, Clouded Tears, and Inferni were done and buried under dust--Anselm had walked these streets regularly. In some ways, the entire region had been his before they all got here. Other than the scant number of loners who posed no threat and failed to stick around for very long, there was very little company. For Anselm, that meant very little disturbance--and with that, some truthful relaxation. He always found himself tense in the presence of others, questioning their motives and forever watching his back. He had been betrayed often before.

!@#$%Then, he had found himself. In no ways could his trek be considered a spiritual awakening, but it was not a great stretch to call it an "existentialist journey." In solitude, he was free--liberated, even. He did not worry about his kills being stolen while he slept, and he did not worry about defending those kills while he ate. Without the harassment of others, he had all the time in the world to do exactly as he wanted. Now, under Inferni's banner he exercised vigorously and regularly. Once upon a time, he would take enthralling hikes, climb rocks, and swim just for the fun of it. He would also come here, to the city... this spot in particular.
!@#$%The place was complicated to get to. Somewhere in the residential area, two apartment buildings sat side by side. Their juxtaposition accentuated their differences--the one on the right had some chipped paint, while the one on the left had part of its roof and top floors taken out by a massive tree that now blocked the main entryway. Rubble blocked the back, and most of the stairs had been taken out as well. The only way to get anywhere in this second building was by accessing the roof of the first, jumping the meter or so across to the other building, and climbing down a loosely secured metal ladder that was now overgrown with vines. Indeed, most of the top floor had accumulated dust and dirt, and by now, seedlings had taken root in the cracks of the old wooden floor. Some wild flowers bloomed and squirrels and mice built nests.
!@#$%An old couch was back against one of the walls. He pulled it forward into the light that filtered down from above. Funny, how a roof was once there to block it. A few meters away, the top floor ended and he peered over the edge, where saplings had taken root years ago and had progressed into small sized trees. In the back of his mind, he found himself wondering just what this place would be like once they got even bigger. For now, he made his way back to the couch, rearranged the pillows, and slouched into a sit. He could make do with the partially wooded park across the road on the other side. He rested his hand on his chin for a moment, then dug around into his bag he had carried with him. He pulled out several customised treats, made just for him--a cocktail of drugs he had found (all in this city), wrapped in cooked venison.
!@#$%He hadn't come here often. He'd been too afraid to leave Inferni for very long. So what had happened, he wondered, as his eyes rolled back and he gazed up into the blue sky above. He had been "good"--he'd been loyal enough, he'd sure worked his ass off, and he had been vigilant. In many ways, the lifestyle suited him well. In another, he just needed to get away. All of his alone time had vanished. Gabriel could handle it, and he wouldn't be gone for long, anyway. Now, here, he felt serene and undisturbed. Blinking as if he remembered something, he turned to rummage through his bag once again. This time he produced a glass bottle, the contents of which he sipped thoughtfully, all while thoroughly engrossed in this vacation of the mind.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread