eff' that, i'll take fifty!
[html]
http://i25.tinypic.com/jizx5d.png); background-position:top; background-repeat: repeat-y; width: 500px;">
     Very interesting way of going about these things. ;D It definitely got my attention. Let me know if I got some of the layout wrong/Poe isn't actually so suitable. x]

In a tower of steel Nature forges a deal To raise wonderful hell
       She could say that chasing ghosts was just in her blood, but that would suggest that it this wasn't just the nature of any sentient being. Reaching for the faces, spaces and egos that had risen and fallen over the course of a lifetime, and had no intention, no way of coming back. Because you could always have a purpose if your goal is impossible, and no one truly wants to have a free spirit when that means there is no hope of return.

It was a black hole that she believed herself to have kept out of in her adult life, and perhaps she had come close to holding that truth before the man made of nightmares crawled into her dreams and showed her his heart. She could see her mother's face behind her own when she woke up from an overextended, underwhelming slumber, and there was more horror there than in her own calm reactions to the nights that spun out tales of blood, incest and tears. So she had spent the night on the rocky coast with a bottle of wine and some poorly rolled cigarettes, watching the storms stir up the ocean and tasting the salty spray of the broken waves it cast in her direction. It was the softened weather and empty bottle that had taken her back to the city that she knew as home now, and her avoidance that guided her into the old apartment building and down the path of disturbed dust and a live scent. She had only been half aware of the track that she was purposefully following, her mind hazed over by too much drink, too little sleep, and an unarguable core urge to find a beating heart in this abandoned city. Until she came to the edge of the first apartment building's rooftop of course, when whimfull steps could only take her down several stories to the narrow strip of pavement below.

Her gaze lifted to the landscape that she had inadvertently taken. The clear sky cast a warm, easy light over the rotten and re-grown rooftops that swelled green from the recent rains. It shook some life back into her limbs, and with a reawakening mind, she made the leap from one building to the next, and continued with soft, solid steps across the second roof to its abrupt end, casting her shadow alongside the sought-after stranger's figure. All heavy hanging bangs and salt stained dressed, the small, dark girl looked down at him from the edge.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread