that moment
[html]

Don't worry about it love <3 379 words

The gypsy hybrid appreciated the offerings, as unaccustomed as she was to them, and in return, she smiled lightly, a ghost of what had once been her serene expression. Pale fingers touched the edges of her many scarves and she studied the earthen-hued woman hesitantly, allowing her fingers to move freely over the material until she finally lifted it, feeling the aged strands of shimmering silver that were mixed in with a silky material of the richest indigo. Foxglove unwrapped it from her shoulders, folding it in on itself before she held it out in offering to the wolf.

"This will match your eyes," was the only explanation she offered, as if that was all in the world that would matter, her voice sounding almost shy, as if she feared that the brown she-wolf would reject the gift. For sharing her warmth and water, the tribal wolfdog wanted to return the favor. Maybe the other did not wear clothing because of a dislike for it, but Foxglove hoped that the scarf would not be a scorned item. It wasn't meant for warmth, only decoration. "It can be worn in your hair, instead," she also offered.

Jade eyes that had been dulled by prejudice and abuse widened. "You were born in Dahlia de Mai?" It was not often that the old pack's name was spoken anymore, not after it had been disbanded. She had not been here when it had happened, but she had heard of it. Eclipse's face and name were not familiar to her, but she could not help but feel a lightness at the mention of her old home, a sense of solidarity in finding someone she shared that with that was not her beloved sister.

"My name is Foxglove... Foxglove Monroe. I was born in Dahlia, as well, but I left with my mother and sisters about a year ago." She did not think it was necessary to explain that she had returned alone, because clearly she had returned and she was not young enough to need an adult. Some might have disagreed when she had returned, but she had been alone for almost her entire life, taking care of herself. Would this wolf recognize her name, know her mother? Or would she perhaps know Maggie?

<style type="text/css">
.foxgltrans02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.foxgltrans02 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.foxgltrans02 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.foxgltrans02 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/168/foxgltrans.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 15px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread