I get starstruck when you are in the room.
[html]
I wish my posts were as good as J’s / +500!

The clack of heavy hooves on the broken concrete halted as the hefty horse came upon the unfamiliar luperci. Rem'slarge head lifted slightly from its lax position to just above the height of his shoulders as he gave a soft knicker of greeting. Large brown eyes scanned over the small family through the length of curled forelock. His gaze rested momentarily on the young, squirming bundle that was cradled loving in the arms of the male, angular ears pressed forward in interest before his attention turned to the monotone female. His large head turned toward her in mild surprise and intrigue as she spoke a greeting in his own tongue. It was rare for him to be greeted in his own language by the canines he so often kept company with. Alder was one of the few Rem had known in these lands that knew of his simple tongue and he had miss such interactions as those he had shared with the bandit masked youth. He responded in kind, giving the name that only those of his species could call him, for there was no translation for his noble name into the tongue of luperci just as his luperci given name of Rem did not translate into the tongue of the equine.

Rem? Anann questioned as she followed after the horse that had already left her several paces behind. Where are you.. Her sentence trailed off as her dark umber eyes looked up from the debris laden concrete at the scent of others and realized that they were no longer alone. "Oh, Hello there." She glanced only a moment at the male and child, the latter of which was likely what had lured Rem to them in the first place, before her attention turned towards the oddly marked woman that had greeted her and nodded as she moved to stand next to the friesian's shoulder. He is with me. I apologize if we have intruded. It seemed unlikely as the city was used mostly for scavenging and called home by few from what Anann had come to understand. Besides, their scent spoke of cold, damp earth and Naniko. Anathemans no doubt.

I am Anann, a leader of Casa di Cavalieri. A pack located north of here. She said, giving some explanation of where she was from since Casa di Cavalieri was still rather new and not all had heard of the pack of self proclaimed warriors. This big guy here is Rem. She gave the black horse a gentle pat on the shoulder as she spoke of him. At about that very moment a clatter of noise came rushing up behind them. Noire had finally realized that he had been left all alone. His small hooves clacked in frantic succession against the concrete as the roan colt searched for Rem and Anann, a shrill, panicked whiny cutting through the air. The frenzied colt almost bowled Anann over as he shoved himself between Rem's side and Anann. Easy! Her firm and gravelly tone chastised the young horse, though the Luna still gave a light chuckle at the excitable colt's antics. And this would be Noire.

She had not been looking for company, quite the opposite in fact, but Anann found it to be a welcomed break from her worries and concerns over her budding pregnancy. An idle hand resting lightly against the pale fur of her abdomen was the only sign that such thoughts had not completely vanished from her mind.

<style type="text/css">
.anannke-o2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#35a6dd; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #133f55; }
.anannke-o2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.anannke-o2 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#547d9c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/UBs9m.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 200px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0bbad; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.anannke-o2 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.anannke-o2 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread