The misfortunes of hunters
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.Hotaru {padding:10px; border: 4px double #000; background:#0a175c; color:#fff; opacity: 0.8; filter: alpha(opacity = 80); line-height:120%;}
.Hotaru b{color:#e48303; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000; font-weight:bold;}</style>

Hotaru
Sometimes the light that guides us along our paths, is not something that we can see, but something deep inside of us.

There wasn't an immediate response to Hotaru's inquiry. Whoever was nearby sounded like she was dying. Hotaru could hear the female clearly as she wheezed and panted, and wondered what was wrong. The voice of Gemma was distinctly canine and had a coyote tone to it. Hotaru sniffed again, trying to pick up anything in the forest. Through the scent of forest and pack the blind wolf could faintly pick up the smell of coyote and followed both the scent and sound back to it's owner. She was careful as she picked her way trough the forest, but all the while she wondered if approaching the stranger was really a smart thing to do.

At the very least Hotaru hoped that Gemma could give her information about the deer she had been tracking. It's scent trail was strong but there was still a ways to go before Hotaru got close enough to even attempt taking the thing down. As she walked through the forest Hotaru spoke in a friendly manner, "Hello, just give me a second." Finally the scent of coyote was strong enough that the grey wolf suspected she had managed to find Gemma. Judging from all the panting and the smell of coyote Hotaru guessed that she was only a yard or two away from Gemma. Fawkes had flown into a tree nearby and stared down at the thin female.

The blind wolf kept her tail down and her ears high. She wanted to look submissive, but she didn't want to give up her only connection to the outside world. With a polite nod and friendly tone, Hotaru addressed the stranger. "Hello, I'm Hotaru. It's nice to meet you Gemma. You don't sound well, is there anything I can do to help." Hotaru was being polite. She secretly hoped that Gemma would say no so that Hotaru could get back to her hunting.

Wordcount :: +315

template by revo. <3 - Table and code modifications by Alex

[/html]

Messages In This Thread