The misfortunes of hunters

Fear, when produced in the right way was a powerful emotion and although she was already tired and extremely out of breath Gemma seriously considered making a run for it and trying to escape the social encounter that was sure to follow an introduction of names. Both the females had similar thoughts and hopes of the other leaving and neither would get their wish it seemed, politeness impelled them to be courteous and friendly with each other. Gemma should have been a raging savage from the treatment of herself by the line of men who had almost plouged each other over in their rush to conquer her body and stamp out the fire in her soul but she had managed to retain her manners and some kind of morals and startlingly as well, sometimes even childish innocence returned to her in the times when her brain didn't quite connect together in the correct way.

She was alarmed as a face was suddenly in front of her, seemingly appearing from the bushes as though a shadow from the dark. Gemma gasped and leaped back a foot or so in reaction to this stranger being so close. The white female visibly shook and her tail tucked itself up close to her belly. The colored female introduced herself as Hotaru and Gemma nodded, not even realising what the blank unseeing stare meant, that Hotaru was blind. As she sniffed though she could smell deer and wonderd with a mild horror if she had disrupted this woman's hunt,

"Oh.. Uh.. no. I'm.. ah fine, i guess. Did I ruin your hunt? I'm so sorry." The nervous tone of her voice would give away that Gemma wasn't all quite there in the mind, a sense of glazed detachment shot through her and her mind wandered off idly as she waited for a response.

Messages In This Thread