gone like a wayward wind
[html]

sosuwrimo: 518
Table by Cait!

Ezra’s nervousness dissolved when Barry showed genuine concern for him. The man showed Ezra inside but before he entered the garage he took off Petra’s tack to let her roam comfortably by the garage. He was worried the flighty animal would leave, but he was surprised to see her loyally staying by the house, grazing on the grass. He smiled a little to himself as he looked at her before heading inside the dark room. He knew Eli would stay close as well, and so he didn’t try to find him. Eli shouldn’t be hearing this conversation, anyway. He would remember that his mother was gone, and Ezra wasn’t entirely sure if he had it in him to comfort his son anymore.

Ezra chuckled at the bowl as he walked inside the cozy garage. Ezra paced back and forth in the building, not entirely sure where to begin. He sighed for what seemed the millionth time in his mind, and looked at his friend with all the sorrow in the world behind his duo-toned eyes. My mate… left, was all he said bluntly, the words coming heavy and clumsily out of his mouth. They were hard to articulate. We were supposed to have two children, but our little girl didn’t even have a chance…. Tears welled up in his eyes which he quickly hid from Barry. His heart still ached for his daughter. However, he continued on: And, it broke Ever’s heart. The girl looked just like her, shining blue eyes and everything. She was so torn up by the loss that she just… left, all the time… she barely raised Eli…. She couldn’t bear to be near me or her son. I don’t know how he survived. He was weaned at a too young age. You can already see what that’s going to do to him later… he trailed off again, looking through the garage windows looking for his son. Shit, this was going to be hard.

Barry, he looked back at his friend, truly desperate now. I had to leave the kingdom, I couldn’t bear to stay in the same house where everything smelled like her and reminded me of our life together… She left a few weeks ago… But I couldn’t stay there any longer or I would have gone crazy. Do you mind if I stay here for a little while til I figure something out? I’ll help out with anything, hunting, protecting… I would do anything, Begging wasn’t really his style, but this was an emergency. Eli can help around here too, and you could use Petra whenever you wanted. He looked at the ground, cursing Ever for the first time in his life. If she hadn’t left, none of this would have happened and he still would have been happy and blissfully ignorant. Deep down he could understand the loss she felt, because he felt it too. But leaving their one beautiful child was unforgiveable in his mind. Eli should have known how wonderful his mother was.

<style type="text/css">
.essyra b {font-weight:bold; color:#a2baba; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #354b4b; }
.essyra p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.essyra {margin:0 auto; width:410px; background-color:#366a69; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/21l3dja.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 225px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#708a89; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.essyra p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.essyra p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread