gone like a wayward wind
[html]

Even as his old pal turned away, the strain in his voice was obvious. Barry breathed a soft Yikes from his seat as the woeful tale began, but kept silent as the story continued. His champagne-coloured eyes focused dully on the white crystals and red hairs of the buds as he broke them up; if it was embarrassing for a man to express such raw emotion before another, it was nearly as troublesome to witness it. It was the closest thing to privacy he could give while they occupied the same large room.

Despite distancing himself from the situation as best as he could, it wasn't hard to empathise. He barely knew his kids, but he'd still be upset to learn one hadn't made it. Hell, maybe his trio was once a quartet and Naniko simply hadn't bothered to tell him. And although his relationship with the boys' mother wasn't nearly as profound as Ezra and Ever's, he would still suffer a great emotional blow if she removed herself from him or their children.

Sorry wasn't going to cut it, so with down-turned ears and a solemn expression, he simply gestured for Ezra to join him on the couch. He pushed the bowl and a half-empty lighter along the table in his friend's direction, then rested his elbows against his knees and numbly clutched his face. Only when the man addressed him by name did he look up. Barry shook his head at the husky's request — not in disagreement, but because such urgency and distress was unnecessary. Of course you can stay here, he said quietly.

His tail gave one half-hearted flop. I'm sure I can keep you busy, but don't worry about anything until you get settled in, he continued. Petra can stay with Jøren in the stables, he added, unwittingly disclosing that he, too, owned a horse now. I've got a few open rooms above the distillery, he explained, jerking a thumb in the direction of the structure as if it were visible through the garage wall. You won't be alone, though, he cautioned. This girl's been stayin' there maybe a month already, he explained, a roll of his eyes silently adding that her occupancy was a story for another time.

A pause. I'll introduce y'all and show you your room after we smoke, eh?

feel free to powerplay them getting through the bowl and heading outside again or something c:
<style>
.barry-flow p {padding:8px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;font-size:11px; }
.barry-flow p:first-letter {font-size:30px;font-weight:normal;font-family: 'Arizonia', cursive;}
.barry-flow b {color:#D99C3A; font-family:georgia, serif; font-weight:bold; font-size:11px;text-shadow: #3A0A00 0.1em 0.1em 0.3em;quotes:'“' '”';}
.barry-flow b:before{content:open-quote;}
.barry-flow b:after{content:close-quote;}
.barry-flow {font-family: verdana,sans-serif; color:#CFA85D; text-align: justify; background-color:#120700; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... /FLOW2.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:275px 0px 10px 0px;width:90%; margin:0 auto; max-width:700px; min-width:480px;-moz-box-shadow: 5px 5px 15px #111111;-webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 15px #111111;margin-top:20px;margin:bottom:20px;-moz-border-radius:15px;border-radius:15px;}
.barry-flow .ooc {padding:0px; margin-right:20px;margin-left:20px;margin-bottom:0px;margin-top:10px;border-top:1px dotted #1E1400; font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:10px;color:#3B2902;line-height:12px;text-align:right;}
</style>[/html]

ooc ending = they chill then he goes to briefly introduce ezra and lilin c:

Messages In This Thread