Creepy Crawlers of the Sea
[html]

Word Count » 546 :: Out of character text here.

Eclipse could make stews as well as baked goods, though it took far too long on the move so she kept that type of cooking for home, when she was traveling it was usually grilling and frying and roasting. She smiled as he sniffed at her cooking. It was starting to smell mighty good, the sizzling of the fat made it seem worth while. He asked her about what else she knew how to make and she smiled reminiscently.

“I can make breads and pasteries, but I don’t have the ingredients normally, it’s not easy to make either, but I can also make mudpies, but that’s something I can only do in the springtime.”

She said, her thoughts in the near future about the mudpie she was thinking of making Noah. He had left the pack, but he was still a part of her family and she had promised him. She could make an edible mud pie, that was quite tasty. The ingredients were her secret, though they would be known as soon as a wolf saw them.

“I can make roasts, bake some nice venison steaks, and make some pretty good stews.”

At his question of her herbs and spices she looked at her bag then tried to remember at every place she had. THen he mentioned eggs and she raised her eyebrows. She had saw egg as an ingredient in a recipe of bakery stuff but though she KNEW how to make it she had never really made it with lack of ingredients. She shook her head.

“Well, I grew some of them and found others in the wild. I also found a few in the restaurants kitchens that were actually pretty well preserved. I only know how to use eggs in a few things. What did you have in mind?”

She asked, taking the fully cooked fish off the frying pan and pulled out a plate that was glass, and though it was chipped in many places still usable. She then put her own food on the fire as she handed Anatoliy his food.

“I put a bit of basil on it and some rosemary. But not that much it just helps bring out the flavor of the fish a little.”

She said as she handed her new friend the plate and then started working on her own, watching him from the corner of her eye to see his reaction to her cooking. She always wanted to see his reaction mainly to see if she did a good enough job or if she needed to lay off certain things or put more in, though that would be for the russian man to tell her.

“I hope it’s to your liking. So.... what is Russia?”

She said quielty. She had never heard of the word, nor had she learned much about geography or that there was a whole world across the sea from her, she did know that boats had come and gone, dropping off wolves from one place or another, but some topics of where they came from never really got to her, so this was a first for the young woman.

<style>
.free-a41 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.free-a41 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a41 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a41 b {color:#6f6868; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a41 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a364d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a41 .inner{background-color:#cfcfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]

Messages In This Thread