Creepy Crawlers of the Sea
[html]

"Yes. I zhink China? Maybe Korea, or Japan." They were no longer countries in the national sense though there plenty that spoke those same languages still. The borders were beyond blurred and things mixed together, but they still managed to identified with a certain nation or a certain circle of nationalities. Anatoliy had no problem identifying with the Russian wolves, namely because he had been born in a place that was indisputably Russian. "Zhere is a lot more to zhe east of Europe, and zhat is zhe Orient. Asia. Zhat stuff. Zhey use more spices and different recipes zhen most of zhe western wolves. Zhey have a lot of rice and a lot of stews and seafood," he said absently, flicking a small bone over his shoulder with practiced ease. Anatoliy had never been to that part of the world, though the sailors on the ship he fell asleep on had been adamant with their knowledge, and plenty of the sailors at the ports from Asiatic origins said the same. He had tasted little of that type of food; a lot of it was spicy, though they supplemented a lot of human spices and foods to suit canine consumption. Garlic and onions were absent, but they were also fatally toxic at times.

With a heavy sigh, Anatoliy set his plate down before him. The glass glittered in the proximity to the fireplace. "It vas not my choice." He gazed out to the sea and watched the sunlight reflect of the slow waves of the narrow sea. "I fell asleep on cargo and was accidentally taken aboard a ship heading to Freetown. Zhey were traders, so I traded my labor for passage." He could have asked them to drop him off at the nearest port and he would have found a way to get back home to his mother and family. Instead, he chose to head off to the old New World to attempt finding his father and two siblings. "I chose to find my fazher zhen stay vith zhe rest of my family. Selfish, but I zhink it vas vorzh everyzhing." He smiled a knowing smile as he thought of his new family here. It was small but it still managed to make him happy. About damn time, too, after all they had been through together. Golden eyes shifted to the young woman. "Vhy are you traveling alone far from home?"

<style>
.anatoliy-txt {font-family: garamond, georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:75%; text-align:justify;}
.anatoliy-txt .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/0GoXw.png); background-position:center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border: 0px solid #000; padding 0px 0px 10px 0px; }
.anatoliy-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.anatoliy-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding: 0px 5px 0px 0px;}
.anatoliy-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.anatoliy-txt .line {width:150px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread