Like a feather in the wind
[html]
Like parrots. xDD Gunnar's growing attached. It's time to go. xD / +273

The more the two kids spoke, the more he liked them. When Sophie, the sister, was the one to repeat 'ass' so boldly, he grinned, thoroughly amused. They were like parrots! Teach them new words and they'll repeat them without even knowing how bad it is to say it! Then she seemed to think again about what she'd said and the little girl's head went down. He frowned, but didn't say anything. It was the boy's next words that caught his attention. Not... hit? Hit? Had their father...?

He rumbled in his chest at the thought. Even if he didn't like kids, abuse was still abuse. Your pop's lucky he's not the one you're going back to tonight. He muttered crossly, echoing the boy's glare into the flames. If I see anyone swing at a kid as young as you two, I'd deck them flat. And it was true. He didn't care how tall or big or angry looking a wolf could get. Anyone hitting a kid was a coward and filth and deserved a good seeing to. That was that.

After a moment of this train of thought, the boy sighed. They'd had enough time to dry off and he figured they'd have to trek back to wherever the kids' brothers were. But they were just kids. Surely they were tired out or something by now? Well, it wasn't as if he could carry a pair of half-grown pups in his teeth or on his back. He groaned and stood, kicking some sand at the fire idly. Alright, you two. Get yerselves ready to head out. It's time to go.

<style type="text/css">
.gunny b {font-weight:bold; color:#77a254; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2a4316; }
.gunny p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.gunny {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#475638; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/rSUN3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 220px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c8873; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.gunny p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.gunny p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread