This betrayal burns like fire
The pause was only brief but it was distorted by a long, drawn out, grueling moment of silence. It was like the very fiber of Salsola fell still for the siblings, the air around them silent as shadow so the only sounds Liliya could hear was the pulsing of her own blood, the shaky breaths that passed through her lungs. And then a second later Anatoliy broke the stillness as he swooped in on her and gathered her up in a tight, loving embrace. Suddenly she was enfolded within arms she thought she might never feel again, surrounded by the Russo scent that reminded her so much of home. Her eyes closed, hiding the grey gems.

"Anatoliy,” she breathed as she wrapped her own arms tightly around her brother. A half whimpering sob came from the hybrid, and she made no other noise for a long moment. Then her hands moved to the back of his head and she leaned back slightly, grey eyes rising to meet his honeyed ones. "I have been lookingk for you! I found out you are not at Cour des Miracles anymore. Why not? I saw Anann, she came to Salsola land not long ago. She told me.” Her arms tightened again for another hug before her eyes flew wide when she realized...

"I have mother! She is here!” She proclaimed as thought it was a great triumph, arms flying wide with her declaration. "I vhent to Russia, to find her, and I did. She came back with me safe and sound, and now we are here.” She didn’t want to tell him yet about how much the old woman’s mind had broken, of how a dementia had taken her and that she thought she just lived a Susie Homemaker life now, and about how she derped along through life with only Liliya to look after her and her antics.

"How have you been my brother? And vhat news of Father? Come come! Let me have look at you!” She pushed him back at arm’s length and then made a twisting motion with her finger in a circle as if to say turn around, grinning like the crescent moon the whole while.

wc 367

Messages In This Thread