My hope lies on the floor

He blinked as she turned around and smiled at him. Immediately putting him on alert. Why was she smiling at him? His white eyes narrowed slightly, cautiously as he strode past her to get to the horses supplies. He gasped as another stab of pain shot through him and returned her greeting quietly, breathing through his nose as he found that to be less painful. Suddenly she blurted out words, asking her not to tell Io about her being out and about. He nodded sagely without much thought to it, far be it for him to destroy what little peace she managed to find around here, he shrugged absently before speaking

"As long as you don't tell on me." A small grin twisted his muzzle sarcastically, it was unlikely that Io would care if he worked himself into the ground and crashed and burned, in fact she would probably find the entire episode amusing, she was a cold heartless bitch in that way, like a vulture feeding from others misfortune and misery. The humorless smile turned into something darker, something discontented and malevolent. Him and Aeron were the same really, both were now living a life that they didn't want to be.

Though it caused him a fair bit of pain he reached up and pulled down the large pitchfork that he had brought with him from the wall. It stretched his wounds and more blood rolled down his stomach. The man set his fork against the wall and removed his tool belt, dropping the tool laden strip of leather onto the floor in a bad nature d snow of temper. Thinking of Io had riled him up now. He turned to her and let out a small huff,

"I am always hiding from her, she hates me." Simple, short and with no feeling. He couldn't care less for Io. He nodded his head jerkily at her thank you, it struck him that Aeron had never witnessed him angry before and he idly wondered how she would react to his incensed movement and muttered curses as yet more blood stained his stomach and the floor. He wouldn't stop, he would rather pass out from blood loss first the admit defeat. He was stubborn that way just like his father and just like his daughter, it was something that ran within the family lines. Jandro would probably be the same, as for the other two bastard children that were not his? Well he couldn't say anything for them.

Messages In This Thread