An apple for serenity, a pendant for balance
[html]

362 words.

It was completely understandable that she might not be recognized immediately, and for a moment, she regretted the tone with which she spoke, a bluntness that had not been intended tinting her words. Artemis could not help but laugh a bit, shaking her head. “No, don’t apologize,” she said through the bit of giggling. “Really, I know your… ceremony was a busy day for you, and we haven’t really met any other time, so don’t worry about it.” Speaking of the ceremony felt strange, as it had been a bizarre experience to attend for the young Marino that preferred her four-legged form over the one with only two legs. While some of the Dreamers, like Giselle and her brother, were comfortable with all of the human traits the wolves had picked up, Artemis could not help but feel as if she were more feral than they were.

Brows rose at the mention of cooking for the Dreamers, something else that Artemis found bizarre at best. She knew how to cook meat over a fire, of course, but nothing spectacular like anything that you would find the recipe for in a book. It was yet another thing that separated her from the more humanized luperci that called Crimson Dreams home, but it was not a true separation. They were still a family, whether they would rather walk on four legs or two. Before she could answer, though, Giselle asked a question that prompted the silver Marino to look down at the book she still held awkwardly in her hands, and she realized that she was still holding herself a bit stiffly, still uncomfortable in the unfamiliar room of the manor.

“Oh… A book on first aid,” she said, almost a bit nervously. “I just thought I’d read up on it a bit… After I found Blaise, I decided that maybe I could learn about healing. But please don’t mention it to anyone,” she added hastily. “I haven’t told anyone and I don’t want Cambria or Amata to think that I don’t think they’re good enough. I just wanted to do some reading I guess.” Why did she feel so guilty about that?

<style type="text/css">
.missatrans001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.missatrans001 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.missatrans001 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.missatrans001 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... cstars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 15px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread