The snake in the hen house
[html]

As Skye herself attempted to calm Orin down, she did not ignore Taliesin, either; he seemed shaky, uncertain, afraid, and upset. She didn't blame him; she would also be upset if such accusations were being thrown, but she knew that Taliesin wasn't simply upset because Orin was accusing him of being the son of the devil and a bad person in the pack. She knew that it was something more, something with Taliesin's past and heritage - she hadn't spoken to him about it because he had never offered it, but she could tell from the conversation that his father was a rapist, an abusive, and possibly worse; however, she knew that Taliesin hadn't inherited these bad qualities. Although she did not know all of the man's heritage, she knew the man himself, who he was, and he was not a monster. He was not a devil, he was not a rapist, and she knew better than to think that blood was everything.

She stared sternly as Orin continued on her speech of that was what he wanted them to think; that was ridiculous, she knew, but Orin was clearly not thinking sense, not thinking reason. She knew what it was like to be in a panic or a rage, a state where your mind was not thinking rationally - she knew that Orin would snap out of it, but not without some sense. She nodded as Sky began to point out her fallacies, began to attempt to shake some sense into her; she fully agreed with what she said about Liam. She knew that Orin would not stand to see her daughters killed; she knew that she would do the same as Taliesin did - but would Orin see that?

As Sky sat down, Skye had to remind herself of the woman's condition and she stepped forward, beginning to speak. "Orin, I understand that you are concerned, and I appreciate that you are trying to warn us about dangers," she said. Her tone was more stern than last time, and yet had a gentleness that took concern over the white woman's state of mind at the moment. "Taliesin has never done anything wrong to us - Sky is right. Blood is not everything; if it was, the world would be in ruins from one bad wolf. Taliesin may have had poor heritage, but who knows - his mother, his grandparents, they don't count as well?" She was trying to make sense into the woman; her posture was still that of a leader, a place of authority, but there was a softness in her eyes behind the sternness; she wanted Orin to understand, not just blindly obey. "I am not a dictator. I do not make laws that pack members can't leave if they wish - if Taliesin wished to go somewhere, he can, and I won't question him unless there is good reason for me to. And having bad luck with blood is not a good reason. You weren't worried about him before you found out who his father was; if you had never found out, you would never suspect him because he never has had reason to be suspected, nor does he now simply because he has two bad relatives." she said sternly.

She looked at Taliesin; he seemed miserable at the moment, as did Sky. So early in the morning - they needed their sleep, after all, and she did not want to hold them back. "Sky - Taliesin - you can go," she said quietly; she looked at Orin, telling her with her eyes not to hold them back. They had no reason to be here, and they did not need to be held back; she could help Orin herself, and unless Sky or Taliesin wished to remain, they should not have to.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly16 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e6d4bf; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #514332; }
.freebjuly16 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly16 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#d6ac69; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... uly16a.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796246; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#59452d; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
628+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread