Quiet Nights, Loud Questions
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.Hotaru {padding:10px; border: 4px double #000; background:#0a175c; color:#fff; opacity: 0.8; filter: alpha(opacity = 80); line-height:120%;}
.Hotaru b{color:#e48303; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000; font-weight:bold;}</style>

Hotaru
Sometimes the light that guides us along our paths, is not something that we can see, but something deep inside of us.

All these questions. Hotaru was getting fed up with Juliet and her prying questions. Now, she had asked about the incident that took Hotaru's eyesight. Didn't she know that was a sore subject? Hadn't Hotaru's behavior made if clear that her questions should stop? That they were making her angry? Yet, the question's kept coming. It was like a never ending waterfall, which Hotaru was sure she would not like because of all the noise it would make. Although, the amount of noise would not be comparable to how much useless chatter Juliet was making.

The blind wolf had half a mind to smack Juliet over the head with her staff, but then she would have a broken staff and where would she be then? Another part of the grey wolf's mind wanted to simply get up and walk away. Her house was right behind her and she was sure Juliet would not follow her into the building. Yet another part of her wanted to scream and yell at Juliet. To chide the prying wolf and to make her leave. The last part, a very small part, wanted to tell Juliet everything. This small part wanted to get it all off her chest and to pour out her wounds onto the strange girl. Hotaru decided to go with the screaming. Or at least telling off, after all, she was not one to scream.

"It was an accident and if you are so sorry than why do you still ask such questions? Do you enjoy tormenting others by asking such personal questions? And of course I am mad. You come here, disturb my peace and quiet and for what? To ask me about such painful things. Well, you have your answers now, I lost my eyesight in an accident so no more questions out of you." Her words were sharp like knives and filled with resentment. Her very form boiled with rage as all of the anger and frustration she felt over the past months was being directed towards the innocent Juliet. It wasn't fair, to take her frustrations out on the innocent girl. But something inside Hotaru had snapped, and like a broken damn all of the emotions she had kept hidden away were flowing forth.

Fawkes, now fully awake, watched as his master took her anger out on the cream colored wolf. He listened to her words and saw all of the lies that were buried beneath them. The red bird unfurled his massive wings and floated down to the snow where he landed between Juliet and Hotaru. This time, he did not speak in high speech but in low speech. His words, loosely translated, meant 'lies." He watched as Hotaru balked, the surprise evident on her face. Still, he continued. Fawkes chided the blind wolf for taking her anger out on Juliet, for saying such hurtful things. Finally, he told her to tell the truth, because after all of the abuse Hotaru had given to Juliet, she deserved to have her question answered. For many minutes they argued in low speech. Hotaru's own words were slurred and difficult to understand, but the basic meaning was evident. Finally Hotaru agreed to tell Juliet the truth. With that decided Fawkes flew into the house, and waited for his master to join him.

With a sad sigh, Hotaru turned her attention back to Juliet. This time her words were soft and filled with pain and remorse. "I'm sorry. That stupid bird was right, I shouldn't have lied and I snapped at you like that. Do you really want to know what happened?" Hotaru was still reluctant to talk about past, but now she owed at least that much to Juliet.

Wordcount :: +619

template by revo. <3 - Table and code modifications by Alex

[/html]

Messages In This Thread