Escaping from this nightmare
[html]

Not a problem! Again, if you read it somewhere, I'd love to know where Smile
SSWM: 271

He stood up straight as he addressed her, but she did little to acknowledge it. While he might think that he was being witty, Ulilohi did not see the humor in his sarcastic tone. Did he sincerely doubt that anyone ever came here for anything other than gaining a place in their ranks? She did not comment on it, although responded with a short "That would be me." Perhaps she was impatient with him for no reason, but she was not accustomed to such behavior from outsiders. Back in the Great Tribe, they were so well known that any who approached them were wise enough to tuck their tail onto their between their legs and toward their stomachs. She was not certain what she should make of his confidence.Still, her sternness was necessary, she thought. A leader could not be soft.

He mentioned Matteo, and her view of him altered somewhat as he explained. She did not comment on his sitting down - AniWaya was further from most packs in the area, and she knew that whoever came here would have to have walked the long distance around, rather than across the large sea between this speck of land and the mainland. "I have not seen Matteo today, unfortunately, but he may have heard your call, as well. He could be coming shortly, in that case." Matteo would not be far if this was his friend, Ulilohi was certain. Still, she would not waste time. He could not gain acceptance simply because he knew someone in this place. "Dominick, then. What skills would you have that we can benefit from?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread