Escaping from this nightmare
[html]
WORD COUNT :: 385
OOC: My last post. PP allowed with permission. Smile

Teo stood by silently, smiling when Ulilohi quickly approved of the relation and then decided he'd be fit into a hunter's rank. Just like that, the wolfhound was accepted and Matteo let out a sigh of relief. Trinket's acceptance into the pack had been a touch more difficult, simply because of the white furball's way of expressing himself. This had been a breeze.

As the council woman excused herself and made leave, Teo nodded respectfully, murmuring a 'have a good day, madam' before turning towards his brother with a smirk. "Well now, seems as if things are finally looking up for you." He placed a hand on each hip and flicked his tail up in approval. "Come walk with me and I'll explain the tribe to you. Best you know before you end up in trouble."

He turned to head back to the village, taking his time. Should Dominick follow, and Teo expected no less of the older brother, he'd begin explaining things. He started with the laws of the tribe, making sure the brother understood each one before moving on to the next. Adultery was not permitted. Arson, of course, was illegal. Assault, forbidden and returned in kind as punishment. Intentional Homicide, punishable by death. Rape, of course, forbidden. Refusing to contribute to the tribe, very much a crime. Theft, again, punishable in varying degrees. Treason, again, forbidden.

Next came the code of ethics, and then an explanation of the ceremonies and of course, the Great Fire and certain commonly believed religion. Then he spoke of Spirit Guides, their purpose and reason for existance in the tribe, how no other pack had them. By the time they'd reach the village, he'd still be talking, explaining, giving his foster brother a full-on tour of the village before allowing him room and board in the house he shared with Gemma. Yes, this would prove to be a great change in routine. It was always nice to have family...

...Camilla couldn't have agreed more, instantly brightening when Teo brought Dominick to reunite the pair. The two would spend the night getting to know eachother all over again, sharing stories and comparing the years they'd spent apart. Teo couldn't remember being as relaxed and glad to have a brother nearby again. Such a blessing.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread