Leaving on a Jet Plane
WC: 256

IC: Matteo’s voice soon answered her and he seemed in pain. So she entered his house with concern. She surveyed her friend and frowned at his injuries, her own news momentarily forgotten in exchange for his wellbeing. He looked awful and she immediately rushed over and knelt by his side. ”You look awful. What happened?” She hoped it wasn’t Alaki. She might murder him if she joined Anathema.

She voiced her question to him. ”Was it Alaki? Do I need to go beat that no-good, ex-mate of yours?” She was serious but doubted that he would accept her help in that way. Very few people seemed to want to take her up on her offer to help them by beating up whoever hurt them. She understood why and it was unlikely that she could actually do anything to them but it was the thought that count, right?

She did want to let him know her news. ”I did have a reason to come to see you besides concern for you. I wanted to let you know that I’m leaving in a few days, permanently.” She would let that sink in a moment before she continued. ”The boy I love is troubled and won’t be accepted here and so we’re moving up north, maybe joining a pack. You’re one of my friends and I wanted you to know what was going on. But you can’t tell my mom, Ralla.” She was serious about her mom not knowing she was leaving, at least not until she was far away.

Messages In This Thread