Leaving on a Jet Plane
WC: 308

IC:She believed him when he said that it wasn’t Alaki. She had a feeling that he wouldn’t be alive if it was Alaki. But she didn’t believe what he said about it looking worse than it was. But Ayasha didn’t say anything. If he wanted to delude himself and lie to others that was his own fault. She wasn’t going to stop him. It wasn’t really any of her business anyway. So she let that slide but she did smirk at his amusement over her comment of kicking his ex’s butt.

However, his story about falling off his horse was a complete lie. ”I don’t believe you. One, what were you doing patrolling the borders? It’s not your job. And two, where have you been? If you’ve been patrolling, I would have run across you. I am a scout after all.” Her voice was stern and she wasn’t about to let him go on that issue. ”What really happened, Matteo?” Her voice was soft but still stern and left no room for arguments.

She hated leaving him, or anyone in the tribe. But he promised not to tell her mother and asked her to keep in touch with him. She nodded. ”Of course I will. And I am going to let my mom know where I am, just not right away.” This last part was said mostly to herself. She wouldn’t leave her mother without a clue of where she was. Plus, she had a feeling that Ahiga might join her wherever she is.

Then he told her not to join Anathema. She frowned a little but asked him, ”Why? Because of Alaki?” She had reservations about him as well but she had one of her “uncles” there. Plus, where else would the two of them be welcome? But she would let him explain why she shouldn’t join.

Messages In This Thread