beyond the trees, over the clouds
[html]
Shorter now XD / +635

The pack man was slightly taken aback at the youth of the pack, until he considered who he'd seen at the pack meeting. Though Zalen and Titania were both younger than he - the Alpha, of course, not as much - it appeared the Betess, Soran, was significantly older. This calmed Shandom's fears, though he had not been one to vocalize them. He was so terribly eager to join New Dawn that he had not asked the Leaders of their experience, if any. It was, of course, probably not his place to do so, but if the man were to be going into a pack, helping, in fact, with its formation, he should probably have some confidence in the experience of the Alphas. The Alphess, Miss Titania, had seemed to ethereal and confident that Shandom lost his senses a little bit, blindly agreeing to join New Dawn. His Alpha (what a strange thought still! But Shandom found he liked it) Zalen, though, was wise, and not far beneath him in age. The man seemed passionate about forming his new pack, and caring enough so as to not lead them astray. Shandom would never lose his heritage enough to blindly follow insanity, and was relieved at the meeting to find the shadowy man was not about to crusade on mad ventures, like war.

But the boy next to him was young, barely past a yearling from Shandom's judgments. He wondered what made youth leave at such a tender age. When he was a yearling, he was still gawky and slightly strange looking, unsure yet overconfident and cocky in his mannerisms. At that age, he could never have left Etienne and embarked on the strange new journey that he did now. These children - for they were children to him, and could have been his own if he were inclined to have any - were all so brave and strange. He wondered if it were a strange mutation of the Luperci virus. Live longer, look more youthful, but mature mentally at a quicker pace. Shandom wasn't sure if he would have liked that. His adolescent years had been some of the best of his life. Lea and he would run through the lands, preparing for their life as Alpha and Betess (though in his mind, Alphess; at that point, Shandom was already madly in love with the massive female).

The youth spoke and Shandom listened quietly, nodding slightly. Yes, it has been quite an eventful several days, the man smiled. But I am happy it has all come to fruition. It is a relief to live among wolves again. His words were soft and did not carry far in the morning air; however, he hoped that the young man next to him could still hear, as his deep voice had almost reached the status of a whisper. The man's name was almost as complicated as his surname, and Shandom smiled, inclining forward as to gently bump heads if Morcedai were so inclined. Well met, Morcedai de Fonte, otherwise known as Mordy. It is a pleasure to make the acquaintance of another brother. It was almost strange to refer to someone so youthful as brother, but he supposed that was the natural way of things. New Dawn was a family now, as for always and eternity.

I find I quite like it here, Shandom smiled, eyes far away. The land is natural and beautiful; I have spent many days exploring it, and I have discovered several plentiful sources of prey. I am sure they have moved on now, though, he chortled. I shall have to do it again later today, when it is perhaps a bit warmer. But, yes, I quite like it. I am reminded of my home, and that is always a wonderful thing. And you?

<style type="text/css">
.shany b {font-weight:bold; color:#74502d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1e1002; }
.shany p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.shany {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#382710; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/65R6z.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#947f6a; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.shany p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.shany p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread