Stubbornness Runs in the Family
[html]

The 'catch-in-the-lie' part is a little wonky now since the timeline got changed >_>

Ralla stood for a few moments, wanting to believe her daughter had actually done what she said she had done. "You've been gone far more than two days," she said, pointing out a flaw in Ayasha's excuse. "Cour des Miracles is a good day's journey, even by horseback, and takes just as long to get back." She waited a moment, seeing if the discovery of the lie would have any reaction from her daughter. "I thought you would never lie to me, Ayasha. I'm disappointed." This was the first time Ralla had ever said something like that to her children; it was a guilty punishment, because now her eldest would know that a bond of trust had been broken.

"Tell me where've you really been," Ralla said with a stern look down at her daughter, her arms crossed and fingers grasping the elbows tightly. But she already knew where her daughter had run off to--that she had disobeyed. The fact that this meant that Ayasha had no respect for the very few things Ralla required of her to obey...well, it made Ralla that much more afraid for her daughter. And angry that her word had been so casually pushed aside. It wasn't as if this were the first time: Ayasha had repeatedly expressed self-interest over self-safety, and Ralla was regretful that she hadn't further pushed her daughter to leave during the war. It had been an inch that needn't have been given. But the past was the past, and however much Ralla would love to forget and forgive, there were some things that just couldn't be let go until rectified. Ayasha would not escape the hut terrace without closure.

She loved her daughter so dearly... Why couldn't she see that the things Ralla said were always out of love...?

Moon walks. "Moon talks." [u]Moon thinks.[u]

<style>
.fireplz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.fireplz p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.fireplz b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 2px; }
.fireplz {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Unspc.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.fireplz-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.fireplz .inner {margin:10px 10px 320px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]

Messages In This Thread