Stubbornness Runs in the Family
[html]

Darn you and the tears! >:O

For a moment Ralla softened, worry overcoming her protective instincts. Her eldest was crying, and although she wanted to comfort her, the mother was at a stalemate. While on one hand it was time that Ayasha grew up and stopped living in her fantasy world where everyone could be a hero, she wanted her daughter to remain happy and free and able to express herself freely. It was so hard how the things she wanted for her daughter conflicted with the things she knew were best for her.

Ralla took a step towards Ayasha, features and voice softening. "Galutsv naguu, Ayasha. Nahnai tla uduladi nasginai digasawosdi. Nihi ale equa ageyutsa naquu." Her approach was quickly ceased with Ayasha's next words--words that chilled Ralla to the bone. The implications were certainly great, and they made Ralla very afraid... She had had enough scares and terrors and abandonment--enough of it. It was too hard on her heart. The way that Ayasha spoke, she wanted to tell her that she was not permitted to stay--that Ralla would not let her out of her sight if it came to that. But that was impossible: Ralla could not watch Ayasha like a small pup forever. Just look how a few days had gone; Ayasha had been gone without respite.

"If you get hurt...or moon forbid worse...I cannot be there for you," she whispered; a small warning. "I will worry sick about you, knowing you are with that boy... Worry more because I know you'll be in harm's way without me there, or anyone to help you." The rising thoughts in Ralla's mind bubbled steadily closer and closer to her lips, her emerald green eyes cloudy with a mist of tears that had yet to spill. But her words spilt over anyway. "I cannot take the anguish anymore, Ayasha... If you go against my word and risk your life--if you leave us... I will have to forget about you." It was then that a single tear went down Ralla's cheek. This was her last line of defense, even if Ayasha had expressed her indifference to her mother's decision. But really, it hurt her more than Ayasha...

All those months and time she spent with Ayasha... They might not have been blood, but Ayasha had been her first child. That small, rambunctious fluffball of white had grown so fast and seen so many things. They had done much together, and had laughed and loved. And in the last month they had grown steadily apart... They fought now, and their trust was rendered by a single incident. How Ralla wished that Ayasha had never grown up... How she wished that she had been a better mother, with a sterner voice to reach the tall walls of Ayasha's mind... How she wished to know if her eldest--the one she called sweetheart--still loved her like she did...

Oh yes... It hurt far worse...

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.owlooc {font-style:italic; color:#fff;}
.owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C718E; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto;}
.owlinner{background-color:#A6C4EE; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... llatab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; width:483px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
.owl p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.owl .box {width:275px;height:205px;float:right;}
.owl b {color:#fff;font-family:georgia;text-shadow:2px 2px 2px #3D4F69;}
</style>
[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]

Messages In This Thread