Stubbornness Runs in the Family
WC: 248

IC: Her mother’s words to stop crying did little to stem the tears. Though she did eventually stop on her own. It was tough for her to do this to her family but she wasn’t using her tears to get her way. She really was heartbroken over what the two of them had come to, arguing whenever they saw each other.

Her mother warned her about not being there if she got hurt and she gave a small, defeated, ”I know.” But she would have someone to help her that her mother trusted. She debated telling her mother about going to see Leon and decided that there was little reason not to. ”I’m going to Anathema, so I’ll be with Leon. And I won’t be too far from Shiloh.” That wasn’t the best situation but it would work. She chose to ignore her mother calling Liam that boy.

She saw her mother start to cry and she was miserable but set in her ways. ”Mom, I don’t want you to forget me but if that’s the only way I can be with Liam, then I’ll accept that. I still love you and my siblings and nothing will change that, OK?” She went over to her mother and gave her a tight hug and after a moment pulled away. ”I’ll be leaving in a few days.” Maybe by the time she left, her mother would accept her back again but she doubted that would happen in less than a week.

Messages In This Thread