I'll wait with a stake in my heart
[html]

Blaise swallowed a lump in her throat as she peered up at the woman. Her lips at first smiled at the sight of the maternal figure, but now they wilted into a soft frown, for there was something sad about Anu's expression. Her pretty eyes were closed, and when they opened, they did so slowly, as if something was hurting her. Blaise felt the iron around her heart tighten as she looked at the elder wolfess. Countless times, her mother had worn a similar face of sadness that Blaise could never understand. It always burned her terribly, and the burn was not much better as she now saw the strange sadness in Anu.

But the expression left Anu so swiftly that Blaise blinked, wondering if it had even been there. The girl smiled warmly back and barely suppressed a cry of delight when she was invited closer. She did not realize how much she missed closeness until she was beside the woman, resting her pale cheek against the soft clothing.

Large infant eyes gazed at the woman, expectant. The gray lady had beckoned her for a reason, and Blaise was sure it had something to do with her mother. But when Anu began to speak of her mother, the tone and strength of her voice did not seem to go with the words she spoke. Why this sadness? She was saying beautiful things about her mother, yet she sounded so unhappy. The child became confused, scowling as she looked from Anu's face to the space before her, trying to figure out what the matron meant. Blaise did not try for long because she had no luck at all making sense of it, and once again her sharp little muzzle was drawn up so she could look at the older female. Yeah, she love me! the girl began, cheerful. I happy here. She very good mommy. The last word was strained and suddenly she felt horribly afraid . Everything was so wonderful, but why wasn't her mother here? She... She coming soon? Blaise asked meekly, her voice barely above a whisper and her shoulders trembling gently.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread