A Different Time
[html]Word Count: 226

She shook his hand warmly, and seemed to want to leave shortly after taking his advice, but stayed out of manners, for the sake of polite conversation. He regretted, now, adding that last bit on there, as it was clear she was frightened of being found out--a thief, perhaps?--and didn't want anyone to really know she was here. So he listened to her answer and frowned curiously. Not a thief, it seemed, but a merchant in her own right; so why all the flinching and hesitation? "I live up on the hill, come down nearly every day to help out and earn my keep around here." He answered, and gestured vaguely, though of course his house couldn't be seen from this deep in the marketplace.

Drakien considered her for a moment more, and then stepped back, into the crowd. "Well, if that'll be all, Miss Amy, I suppose I'd better get to work." He didn't want to frighten her, and his very presence seemed to be doing so; it was the least he could do to leave her to her trading, and if she ever came back--perhaps with different goods than furs--he could point her to the others who might give her a deal. But, unless she wanted him to stay, Drakien would force his presence on no one, canine or otherwise.[/html]

Messages In This Thread