The cracks begin to show
Merlin stubble along, testing the strength of the branch. It would do, for now, but Merlin already had plans to create something less hefty to help him around. He pondered on Anu's words about her pack, 'Crimson Dreams'.

Merlin had what he thought to be a phobia of packs; the thought of looking up to leaders and taking commands wasn’t something Merlin enjoyed. But in a time of need like this, not accepting help would be foolish. Merlin hoped a pack wouldn't be as bad as his mind made it.

"This Crimson Dreams pack," Merlin started, "Do they, umm, mind helping loners?"
Merlin felt like a pup, being so nervous about it, but with a childhood of force and pain didn't make him accept the thought of a pack with open arms. But Merlin knew he would never find food or hunt in his condition, so the sooner his foot was rested and healed, the sooner he could get back to hunting. The thought of healers calmed Merlin, he was clever, but he didn’t know much else about healing than what books told him.

"I could use a place to rest, just for a few nights, while I get used to the injury, and good advice from experienced healers." He said politely as he could, "My home isn't the fittest place for a broken foot."

Messages In This Thread