Fall from the cliff
[html]
Hotaru

Word Count → 373 :: Light is such a tease.

Hunting, could she really pull it off? The blind wolf listened eagerly as Light described how she would hunt, the idea of listening to every small sound and learning how to interpret their meanings. This was a skill she had already acquired, although she was still far from mastering anything more than the basics. Hotaru could distinguish footsteps, tell if she was close or far away from the sound, and accurately locate its position. However, she could not pinpoint locations with the accuracy required to hunt, she could not tell if branches broke quickly or slowly. Such things were beyond the grey wolf and Hotaru was ready to give into despair.

The idea of going anywhere without Fawkes was terrible in her mind and only fed her anxiety. She went everywhere with Fawkes, and there were only two or three times in her memory that she had been without the bird. Otherwise, Fawkes was always by her side, his small presence was always felt and he watched over her like a guardian.

Even Fawkes was not happy with the idea. Hotaru could hear the branches creak as the red bird shifted nervously. After a minute of deliberation Fawkes agreed to the condition that Light set. Hotaru would be safe with him and even if Fawkes wasn't allowed to help Hotaru hunt, he would still stay close by. Fawkes unfolded his wings and with a great leap he flew above the forest canopy. The red-tailed hawk would circle in the air until the wolves were done hunting. He absolutely refused to go too far.

The feeling of Light's tongue when it lightly brushed against her ear, she shivered with delight. Hotaru was already in an excited state, not only was she next to the male she adored most but they would soon go hunting. Light's teasing gesture only increased her excitement and made her forget her anxiety. The rush of blood as it pumped adrenaline through her body was amazing and her unseeing eyes glittered with anticipation. "I know these woods. I have spent hours wandering through the forest in lupus form. I'm worried that I don't know them well enough, but I'm ready to give it a shot. After you, oh mighty hunter."

<style type="text/css">
.hotarleaf .space {float:right; width:400px; height:350px;}
.hotarleaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#c0a59f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#293340 1px 2px 2px;}
.hotarleaf p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.hotarleaf p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.hotarleaf .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#c0a59f; text-shadow:#293340 1px 2px 2px;}
.hotarleaf .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Give You Glory'; color:#c0a59f; text-align:left; text-shadow:#293340 1px 2px 2px; margin:25px; text-indent:10px;}
.hotarleaf p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.hotarleaf {width:98%; margin:0 auto; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#69808d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BMRRF.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #293340; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#293340; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>

Messages In This Thread