Safe & Sound
[html]

OOC: || Word Count →518

He nodded as she acknowledged him. At least she was behaving normally now. He felt no ill will towards her, none at all, but was still made uneasy by the way she’d reacted to him. If his face was truly so grisly he’d leave her to her thoughts, but she continued to speak to him, and she’d apologized. He would not let the old wounds fester and breed anew so he dropped the thoughts as they came to him, and gave her his full attention. She’d ignored the rabbit and he reached his muzzle out to take it back and began eating. It was a small thing, and little more than a snack, hardly enough to share in the first place. As her head rose and ascended to look beyond he mirrored her, looking out into the distance quizzically. There was nothing unusual there that he could see and he looked back to her. She was speaking then, and her eyes were lost to him, lost to time in general, and he no longer pondered her actions.

His ears twitched as he relayed her tale, and he listened attentively. He dropped the rabbit from his jaws a bit reluctantly so his eating would not cause unwanted interruption. From the sound of her voice it was a grim story. His brows furrowed a moment, just who had died, and why? She quickly apologized and admitted that she’d just needed to tell someone about it. He did not press his questions then. “I am sorry for your loss, but you are not the only one.” He consoled. “Our way of life is hard. Ever since the humans died off things have become far more complicated.” He rose to all fours. “I lost someone very dear to me.” He confessed, his voice quiet, but strangely calm. Accepting his brothers death had taken him a very long time, but he had other brothers now, which made the task much simpler. The tale was no longer so hard to tell. “My brother was murdered when I was a pup. To this day I don’t know why or who could have done that to him.” He shrugged. “This pack helped me far more than I could have ever hoped. They gave me purpose, and so many new brothers to care for. I’m sure it can do the same for you.”

He nudged her briefly, poking his nose at her slender shoulder. He drew away quickly, careful not to give the wrong impression. “There’s nothing to apologize for.” He reassured. “We are family.” He was almost certain that the female had much to learn when it came to pack life, and he didn’t think he’d serve as a great teacher, but, through actions he hoped he could tutor her. “Insomnia, have you ever been in a pack like this before?” He questioned idly, truly curious. He didn’t wish to upset her, so he spoke mildly. He was anxious to know whether it was just her naivety that caused her to react to things in such a way, or perhaps her traumatic past haunted her still.

<style>
.ND-Aug1ooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.ND-Aug1 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ND-Aug1 b {color:#FEF380; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.2em #BF8F30; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ND-Aug1 {font-family: tahoma, arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:514px;}
.ND-Aug1inner{background-color:#290F36; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/ ... awn2-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #261E0E; width:514px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
.ND-Aug1Imagecred {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
</style>

Image credit to freelancah at deviantart

[/html]

Messages In This Thread