Oh pitty me poor fools
Her reactions were beginning to irritate him. Her body was deceptively moving away from him before he was aware of it. It slowly started to seep into him, an emotion he hadn’t experienced when around her for a while. His headache started to throb as his weary eyes looked her over. Whatever it was that had gripped him and rendered him useless was obviously bothering her. What he had needed from her was something he wouldn’t probably ever say, but now he wondered if she truly had the capacity to be a mother.

“Is it that shocking? Nayru and Saul probably the two most trustworthy individuals here, the rest of the lot, damaged goods, or just plain crazy. You need only look as far as Razakiel to understand. This pack is weak, if Inferni decided to come knocking at our doors right now, what would happen X’y? They wouldn’t care in the least to slaughter everyone here and wouldn’t think twice about it if their alpha commanded it. “ This was exactly why he tirelessly worked so hard, his endurance having run completely to nothing.

“When Nayru was pregnant, I was making five rounds around the border a day. How much can one wolf do? How much can you do before you exhaust yourself? And then where does that leave us all? I came here for you, or else I would have missed ever knowing you. But I don’t stay in Ichika for the pack, I stay for you, Nayru and Saul.”

Messages In This Thread