Oh pitty me poor fools
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eowl-1.jpg); background-color:#531F11; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

His confession shouldn’t have surprised her at all, but even her own shock from his words left her stunned and speechless. For one that called herself to love him, she shouldn’t have been in the dark to know that his reason for rejoining was because of her. But then she had based so much of her assumptions that it was because of Nayru and the bonds he shared with the remnant members of his old home. Adding herself to this equation felt self centered and unnecessary, but deep down she had known this to be true.

When the shock washed upon her concealed muzzle, it abruptly ebbed away when she again reclaimed sense and listened to him. “Our pack may now be weak,” she contested, shifting her weight as she draped an arm around his shoulders and pulled herself up to sit. “But you set Inferni too high upon a pedestal. You judge them too harshly… hardly a handful of them would be enraged enough to attack without provocation. And if they dared to try, would you sit idle and let the slaughter happen? You would not, and neither would I. You are exaggerating the severity.”

Growing more impassioned, the she-wolf situated herself firmly upon folded legs, facing her mate as she encircled his muzzle with a large hand. “And all this ‘one wolf’ nonsense. You were not the only one caring for Nayru and her pup. Even when we believed I was…-“ her ears fell back and eyes averted from his own “-…when we thought I carried life I still continued our duty until Sarian came to us. It was not always you alone and it will not always be you alone.” Carefully she released his muzzle. “I am here too you fool. And whether you choose to admit it or not you do stay for this pack. We are a part of this pack and do not stand alone from it.”

ooc: 323 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread