Down came a blackbird
[html]

Word Count → 359 ::

Russia was not really his mother either? Well wasn't that curious. He certainly sounded like a Russian to her tall ears. Then he explained that he was in fact a gypsy, or Romani. Well, Ariadne had met her fair share of them as well, though she had never quite gotten the hang of their language. They were usually a fairly secretive group and even when they traded had often not spoken in their own tongue. Not to her and her crew, at least. "Ах, я вижу. Я торговал с Romani прежде во многих случаях. Я воздействовал на торговую гранку из Острова Крит, который Вы видите. Это - пока этот ублюдок не переплел меня здесь." The last words stained her visage momentarily with a glower and the fire of rage she held towards Damianos sparked momentarily in her golden eyes before disappearing just as quickly.

Drakien accepted her offer of the ouzo, and showed that he actually did know some English. In fact, she was quite impressed with how well he spoke it. "Very good! You'll get the rest of it in no time—seems to be the language most speak here. I'm lucky I have a gift for tongues and learned so many working on the ship. Else I'm sure I'd be completely and totally fucked." If she didn't know English she might very well have become a whore so as to keep herself alive. Damianos would have loved that, and it would have broken Kalypso's heart. That smarmy bastard would get his though, sooner or later...

The wolf took a modest sip of her ouzo before handing it back to her. "Mmmm yes, it is simply the best. To my tastes anyway." Nothing went down quite so smooth except for water. She would be so horribly dismayed whenever she ran out of the ambrosial liquor. Drakien then surprised her by offering his own specialty. Very intrigued, Ari took the proffered flask. "I would love to," she said with a smirk. The Cretan hybrid took a shot of the moonshine and felt it's fire explode down her throat into her stomach. "Damn! That's some strong shit!" she said, her words followed by a melodic laugh. She'd already been feeling pretty good with the sips of ouzo she'd been taking, but that moonshine had gone straight to her head.

<style>
.arisnake-box {background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... snake2.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:233px; height:210px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.arisnake {font-family:'georgia', times, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.arisnake p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.arisnake p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.arisnake .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.arisnake p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.arisnake b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em; color:#B8860B;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread