A Lake of Gold in the Desert Sand
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eowl-1.jpg); background-color:#531F11; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

The Nomad took great care in her inspection of the two, attempting to keep a comfortable air while she proceeded her inquisition as she silently stalked around them. It did not surprise her that she could not place their scents from the exotic aroma of the world they came from. As it was with most that traveled these lands, they were foreigners to it, not yet enveloped in the familiar earthen allure. Such distance in scent only gave notice to how new they were to these lands and better helped their story.

Carefully she rounded from the backs of their steeds to the heads of the riders as the female introduced them and their animals in turn. Interesting as this little band was to her, she could not permit their wonder to distract her. Yet the airs of authority were not adorned. Not when she her own encounter upon the borderline were to no such degree rude or uncomfortable. The least she could do was honor that moment that had filled her with hope for this place and extend that generosity that was so graciously bestowed to her those months before.

With no attention directed to himself, the nameless owl appeased himself by taken a woven lock of auburn mane into beak and teased the tendrils with fervent determination. As used to his behavior as she was, she did not so much as glance at him despite his annoying efforts to be acknowledged. The Nomad carried on smoothly. “It is a pleasure to meet you both, Fatin. Asad. I am X’yrin, our land’s warrior and lead Envoy. And while I am pleased to know of your interest in our home, I must ask why you believe this place to be a fit for you. As I have never been to Freetown, I would not know whether to agree or deny their claims. Perhaps you could tell me what it is you seek from Ichika.”

ooc: i apologize. This thread might just be a series of short posts. 324 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread