abundans cautela non nocet
[html]

A mercenary. It was not a word she was entirely familiar with, but she knew the general gist of what it meant. It didn't really matter what he called himself though, it was clear he knew how to fight and by the knife in his hand he was comfortable in the use of weapons. Fighting as a feral beast she could do, but weapons were foreign to her and that was the knowledge and skill she desired. "I wish to learn how to wield a weapon. My pack was recently involved in a war and I wish to learn how to better defend myself and my members." Her accented words were not spoken pleadingly—she was the Consul of her pack and begging was below her. It was simply the statement of a desire. If he were willing to help her fulfill that wish, then all the better.

It was a bit unfortunate that there was no one in Crimson Dreams that could train her, but then again perhaps it was for the best. As open a leader as she was, it was best to limit subordinate's exposure to her weak points. If she ever had to defend herself from a threat within the pack—though she prayed to the gods that never happened again—it would be best to have training other Dreamers weren't completely familiar with. Awkward as this may have been, Savina would do anything to protect her home and be prepared for the worst.

Image courtesy of Marshdude@Flickr; table template by the Mentors!

<style>
.savi-stormseas01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:480px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.savi-stormseas01 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.savi-stormseas01 b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #462b37;}
.savi-stormseas01 { background-color:#3c5b75; background-image:url(http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/9149/saviseastop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#94b3a7; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:480px; text-align:left; margin:0px auto; }
.savi-stormseas01 .inner {margin:250px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/3377 ... strans.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread