Stranded
[html]

No problem! c: :: Word Count → 508

After a brief search of his things, he saw the bag containing his recreational revelry drugs somewhat less well-hidden than he'd last seen it, and began to put two and two together. He must have felt lonely enough to throw a party by himself, or perhaps had had some company; the fact that he didn't remember anything was troubling, but with the answer, he wasn't too worried about anything else. Carefully, he tucked the bag back into an inside pocket of his bags, and then set about cleaning up, pulling out a change of pants and his bandanna before walking off toward the water. He was hip-deep in water before he took his clothes off, dunking them in the salty stream before balling them up and throwing them to shore. He even washed the new pair, and pulled them on underwater, feeling for some reason as though he didn't want to get caught with his pants down. Such things didn't usually concern him, but at the moment he was more willing to listen to that odd sixth-sense whispering in his ear than anything else.

he'd only just waded out of the water again, tying back his hair and gathering his wet clothes, when the large duo broke through the underbrush, causing Drakien to freeze. He wasn't used to wolves being larger than he was, as he was closing in on seven feet, but the male who approached was much larger than that, and Drakien found himself intimidated. He hardly noticed the woman who followed the large male, and when he did, Drakien physically jerked himself out of his frozen, most-probably-guilty-perpatrator look, shaking out his clothes and moving to lay them out on a rock that would soon be warmed by the sun. "I apologize, tovarishch. It is not being my intention to trespass." He said, and turned to face the two on horseback, executing a flourishing bow. After a moment with his nose essentially pressed against his knees, he straightened, scratching his head again and looking about.

Really, he had no idea where he was, as the last time he'd checked he had been camped outside Halifax. Wrinkling his nose and looking about uneasily, he finally questioned, "I am begging your pardon, but can you be telling me where it is that this....Anathema border is located?" He tried his best to look sincere, but probably only succeeded in looking confused, and then thought it best to go on to explain, "Last I am remembering, this was Halifax..." He had the notion that this wasn't the case, anymore, and truly felt lost. If he didn't even know what direction to travel in to reach familiar territory, how was he going to get back to his temporarily permanent campsite in Drifter Bay? All he knew at the moment was not to go any further North, else he would be trespassing--and, from the warning he'd received and the looks of the man before him, he'd be torn apart and eaten for breakfast, then.

<style>
.drakien .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.drakien p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.drakien b {color:#CBCACA; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.drakien {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7239/draketab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.drakien-border {width:479px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.drakien .inner {margin:120px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread