[m] the beginnings of evil
She moved closer and now that she was close enough to the smell of the rabbit's blood didn't dominate the area he got a good whiff of her scent. It was so rare to come upon females in the wilderness, at least any that would willingly come so close and be so interested to talk like this one, that he found himself wanting more. Not only was she quite a beautiful face... and body... but she didn't scoff and leave him, nor did she challenge him for his food or the territory. It was some kind of balm to the traveler's soul, if even for the briefest moment.

He had only taken a few bites of his lunch when she showed up, but now he dropped the hare to the snow, finding a different kind of appetite replacing his hunger. “It's a pleasure to meet you, Juliet Moonsong.” But she said she was of a pack. He was damn sure he hadn't moved into a pack's lands, but still he glanced over each shoulder to see if any of her cohorts were nearby. Seeing that she was indeed alone, he turned his gaze back to her.

“Hmmf, I didn't realize, I hope I didn't intrude,” he said cordially, although he didn't mean the words at all. Things were going well, this strategy was working and he was keeping her here if even for just a moment of company.

His eyes glanced down at his hands for a moment, realizing that they had bloody stains on them. He wiped them together and then crouched and rubbed them in the snow, smiling sheepishly at her. “Sorry, I'm a mess. It's not often that I have company out here, you know?”

He stood back up and gestured towards the splashes of color on her, the ones that weren't natural. “Hope you don't mind me saying, Miss Juliet, but it looks like you've been up to something yourself. What's that on your fur there?”

((wc 334))

Messages In This Thread