[m] the beginnings of evil
By now it was starting to occur to the man that there was something a little... off... about this girl. She spoke strangely, full of questions, and there was no much there in her face to show for the curiosity. There was little to read from her, so he had to rely on her words and her presence to know that he wasn't losing her favor. No wonder why she said she was a pack wolf. She was a naive little one at that, too. Maybe she had one of those really protective packs who didn't teach their offspring diddly squat.

“Oh, so you're a painter?” He said as if it were the most exotic, interesting thing ever. In reality, he knew what paint was but never had a need for it. Mostly he had seen it on wolves within tribal packs, and he had seen some pieces of art in old abandoned human buildings, but as a loner life was about stay safe and finding your next meal. You didn't exactly have time to sit around and appreciate the roses.

“You know, you don't have to waste so much time making paint,” he offered casually, an idea suddenly coming to him. He wanted this girl's company, and he had an idea on how to keep her around for longer. Sure, eventually she would figure out that he was full of crap, but for now he might have the pleasure of prancing along with a pretty thing at his side. “I know where there's a whole stockpile. I think it was... left behind by some pack or other. Nobody's touched it for months. Every color you could imagine, too. Red, green, purple... I could show you if you like. I don't have any need for it or anything, so you'd be welcome to the claim.”

((wc 308))

Messages In This Thread