[DND]Breakdown
[html]

I wasn't long before they had arrived at Neela's residency but to Jace it seemed to take hours as she dragged along the emotionally hurt and broken woman. The house she came into was cold and empty and positively stunk of bad memories, hatred and bitterness it almost caused the hybrid to shiver. She was glad her strange son Honrin was not here to feel this overwhelming empty coldness that permeated the entire house, he was more sensitive to it than she was. It took a bit of fancy footwork to get them both through the unorthodox entrance way without Jace dropping either Neela or the things that she carried.

The remains of Neela's bed or what Jace assumed to be her bed hung in strips and tatters, useless for anything but kindling now. Neela removed herself from Jace's comforting arms and wove her way through her possessions to collapse by the dead fireplace. The soft hum of Grynn drew Jace's attention to her and the screech of warning was met with a nod, a wry grin shifting across her features, "You have my word, I will stay away from that room." Most likely the falcon didn't want a virtually unknown treading into her territory, as to the actual reason Jace didn't even have a guessing thought for it.

Her wing tip gently brushed the tanned fur atop of her head as she went to comfort her companion and Jace sighed as she released her hold upon the supplies she had brought and began to organize them to her liking. She straightened and turned as the sound of wing beats again filled the room and felt the Falcon's weight settle onto he shoulder, the sharp tipped feet pressing against her skin. She offered no surprise as Grynn spoke to her, explaining the situation that Jace had not known, terrors of the night were causing Neela's unwell and unrest-ed state, this sent the hybrid woman into a contemplative silence. She was directed towards some spare blankets that were whole unlike the small pieces she herself had brought and took them gratefully from the cupboard, her job had just become easier.

She kept herself well away from the direction of the room that Grynn fiercely guarded, content and incurious about what lay within it thus giving the bird no cause for alarm. Growing used to Grynn's presence upon her shoulder surprisingly quickly, Jace moved to drape several of the blankets around Neela's disheveled form, quietly she spoke again for the first time since her earlier speech, "I will try my feathered friend." Her meaning was clear, Jace would make the best of her attempts to aid in Neela's recovery.

Moving to her knees with a falcon perched on her proved a problem that required a careful solution if she did not wish to dump the bird onto the floor with any sudden movements. But she managed it and Grynn kept her balance with help from her wings as stabilizers. Once she had lowered herself to her feet Grynn removed herself from Jace's shoulder and hopped across the sort distance to sit beside her companion. It didn't take much effort from her matches and alcohol soaked rags to get a fire going nicely and soon heat washed throughout the room chasing away some of the cold. Only once things had warmed up a bit did Jace present Neela with the food she had brought.

<style type="text/css">
.jacedove b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; }
.jacedove .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.jacedove p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.jacedove {margin:0px auto; width:391px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/VZZH2.png); background-position:bottom center; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #551A8B; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 300px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#f0e3d1; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread