Desperation
[html]

OOC text here

Word Count :: +453

Regner focused on his meal and tried not to laugh as Adelle pestered the stranger as she tried to eat, the puppy continually harassing the larger woman. When the woman responded by dropping a piece of meat onto Adelle's back the puppy took it in stride, flipping the meat out of her fur and gnawing on it enthusiastically.

The stranger introduced herself as Terra and her words made Regner pause in his eating to examine the female. With nearly all of his pack being large enough to stop a deer if they weren't caught off guard Regner sometimes forgot that even the timid prey animals could be dangerous to smaller canines, "And you have saved my life by slowing the deer down so that I may have something to eat. I believe that makes us even." There was a tinge of humour in Regner's tone, though as always his unfamiliarity with English made the delivery of his words a bit stilted.

Terra's next question cut Regner's brightening mood off, his ears dropping sadly and a low growl sounding in his throat. Adelle didn’t understand what was being said but reacted to her grandfathers distress, her ears mimicking Regner's and her throat letting out a quiet whine, "Were it possible they would be. They were killed along with the rest of my pack by a pack of coyote" It was evident in the way that Regner pronounced my and the indignant air about him that he was taking this loss personally, "We were outnumbered and the coyote poisoned our water. I tried to fight them off but in the end I was injured and all I could do was flee with Adelle." Regner jerked a thumb to his injured leg, the wide scar easily distinguishable from the countless smaller scars that littered his pelt.

Good mood soured Regner tore into his section of the meal ferociously, taking his frustrations out on the dead meat. When he felt a bit calmer Regner looked up to Terra again, his now calm expression at odds with the blood splattering his face, "Have you lived here long Terra?" Regner pronounced the name oddly, extending the A sound, "I am looking to find somewhere to settle with Adelle, any information you could provide about the area would be gratefully received."

Suspicion filtered into Regner's brain as, for the first time, he actually took notice of the fact that Terra was part coyote, that fact having been subconsciously ignored up until now, but he dismissed it; the coywolf might be of a race he had less than kind feelings towards at the moment but she was also the first kind face he had seen so far in these new lands.

<style>
.Regner { background-image:url(http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad21 ... Regner.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#000000; width:90%px; max-width: 640px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:405px 0px 0px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px soli #000000}
.Regner b {color:#770e0e; }
.Regner p { color:#b99320; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.Regner p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.Regner .wc {color:#b99320; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #b99320;}
.Regner .ooc {color:#b99320; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:left; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread