Desperation
[html]
Terra

Word Count → 755 :: Out of Character text.

A small chuckle rested in Terra's throat as the puppy tipped the meat over, happily digging into it. Adelle was clearly hungry, digging through the meat like there was no tomorrow, though there was no true edge in the frenzy, simply the chewing of a hungry puppy. The old one looked like he might drop dead, but the puppy was healthy. Clearly Regner had been going without for his tiny granddaughter. For others it might have stood out as a great sacrifice. Terra simply saw it as how things were, taking another piece and eating it. Youth were the future, after all. They couldn't exist without them.

Her ears twisted at the odd humor, not completely understanding what was funny. To her the old wolf was a giant, though still hammered by age. Terra just might be able to take him down with her tricks, treating him like a rather large bear. Yes, that might work. Then again, one didn't live to be so old without something up their sleeve. If he was younger her tricks might have worked. At this point though, she was sure she'd die even in his weakened state. She'd have to starve him to death.

Both of the strangers drooped, whining at the mention. Terra recognized that Adelle was just picking up Regner's mood, but it was still distressing to see. Hearing that coyotes had done it didn't elicit any feeling from her. They were just a pack in her mind, no different from any other. The emphasis on the my wasn't lost on Terra. So this wasn't any old hybrid, but a leader. She growled as Regner mentioned it being poisoned. That was just wrong. One didn't kill without reason, and one definitely didn't decimate a pack. They drove them off, not something so...wrong.

The one thing that rested on her mind was why. It made no sense. There was no reason for them to do that. Surely there were better tricks that could have gotten the task done. That was just so corrupted, such a civilized way of thinking, rather than the primitive way that Terra lived. She frowned as she looked at the injured leg. Part of her was proud that a member of her race had managed to so badly damage such a fine warrior. The other part was horrified at what had been done to do this. This wasn't just dirty fighting, something Terra did without thinking. This was pure brutality.

Her reaction at his fierce devouring was sharp. Feeling his anger Terra retreated a short distance from the deer. In this rage he might just tear into her by mistake. Sitting she waited until he came up, blood soaking his face. His words were so mild, allowing Terra to relax slightly. The rage had dissipated. The odd pronouncement of her name did bring a small smile to her face. I've lived her for the past few months. Not very long, though I have made sure to learn the packs around here. She looked down at the pup indulgently before continuing.

The main thing I suggest is avoiding the north. There's a pack of hybrids up there, bunch of idiots. Will attack anyone who gets close. Their borders surrounded by skulls, so it's pretty easy to spot. They only believe someone is good if they have coyote blood, though they've thrown that part of their heritage in the dust. The distaste for Inferni was clear on her face. They acted like wolves in her opinion, had no place claiming that they represented coyotes. There is a peace pack up there, and it's fairly welcoming, but it's surrounded by mountains, making travel difficult. They're neighbors with a pack that will kill trespassers. I believe they mainly consist of wolves, though I'm not too sure. Was injured before I had a chance to learn more. Very secretive group

Taking a breath Terra moved onto the south packs, the ones that she knew well, and her own home. Here in the south we have Crimson Dreams, a nice pack that mine works closely with. There's Aniwaya, a very spiritual pack that's recovering from war. There's an art pack as well, but they're not too friendly either, more cordial than anything else. And there's my pack, the home for misfits. We accept all with few questions, and care for our own. We're loyal, and strong, and our alpha takes care of us all. Her chest puffed up with pride at the last part, love of her pack clearly displayed.

<style type="text/css">
.freeleaf .space {float:right; width:350px; height:450px;}
.freeleaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; }
.freeleaf p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.freeleaf p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.freeleaf .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; }
.freeleaf .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Give You Glory'; text-align:center; text-shadow:#241c11 1px 0px 1px; color:#ffffff; margin:20px}
.freeleaf p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.freeleaf {width:98%; margin:0 auto; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#766352; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RaXzc.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#241c11; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>

Messages In This Thread