Leaving on a mayday
[html]

(241) I had an idea! If she accuses him of spying he could be like "pfft lady you are crazy" and she can attack him? He won't fight her since she's an old lady (<3) and she can chase him off then?

A noise from behind caused him to still almost instantly. He had been upwind and not caught her scent, and so when the order came he responded to it with surprise. Anatole jerked around, his head high and his tail even with his body. Yet on neutral territory he had no need to submit, no fear of rank; but he was close enough to the borders of Crimson Dreams to recognize he was playing a dangerous game. Dark ears remained high, affirming his testosterone-driven idea of power, but he did not raise his tail above her. His size alone held him above the blue-gray she wolf, but he saw her age clearly and knew from the way she held herself that she was one of the leaders of this place.

He remained still, unsure of himself, and said nothing. If she had wanted him from her command she would make the reason known soon. There was an obvious and unwelcoming air about her, and he considered leaving quickly. Still, what harm would it do to try and do his job? While he was aware of the conflict between these two places, he was a stranger yet ignorant of the sheer depth and still-aching wounds of such a thing. Anatole finally spoke, his deep accented voice speaking of his native land and the French roots still present in those wolves who resided there. “I’m a scout; I’m just on my way home.”

<style>
#anatole-sun {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#anatole-sun p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#anatole-sun p.anatole-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#anatole-sun .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#anatole-sun .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#anatole-sun b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#anatole-sun u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#anatole-sun b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread