Burning a bridge of gold

She stepped back, away from him as he mentioned the non existent male they had made up to explain Pandora's pregnancy. She had to give him credit though for protecting her as best he could, the story he had told had made it seemed more forced than her daughter just willing to sleep around, he hadn't arrived in time to stop the fictional male from impregnating his sister. It saved Pandora's honor against those in the pack who would call her names behind closed doors and made the failing onto himself for not being more watchful of the borders.

Though the smile remained upon her face her eyes chilled down at being lied to. He had never been able to lie to her, not convincingly at least. Temo may had fallen for it but she saw straight through him like they were crystal. He was her son, she would always see through him, there was nothing he could hide from her. Her voice was carefully tempered, not accusing but factual, she was not making this into an issue, just stating that she knew the truth and that they didn't have to lie to her, they could breathe easy around her company,

"Be careful with that mask of lies, son. You might find yourself lost within it. I know the truth of you two and I've known for a very long time." The part that angered her at all about this was being lied to, even though she knew the truth anyway Jace hated being lied to although she could understand why they hadn't come to her with it, why they hadn't trusted her not to react with anger and violence.

"Your father knows nothing of this however, neither do your siblings as far as I am aware." She disliked keeping Temo in the dark about anything but this was sensitive and she didn't know how he would react, she was condoning the very thing that had upset herself... Hypocrisy at its finest.

Messages In This Thread