A rude awakening
[html]
<3

His muscles protested as he drove his knife up under the animals ribcage- the mighty weight of the animal was difficult to take all on his own. As the dark male in front of them dropped, his legs giving out, Saul took on the majority of the weight. It did the trick though, for after a few breathtaking seconds, the light in the cougars eyes began to die. Saul loathed to take another animals life so unnecessarily, but there was nothing else he could have done. The older wolf clearly had not the strength to fend off the larger animal and Saul had had to step in. The whimpers of the little girl wrapped in furs was still prominant and Saul didn't blame the man for going to see to her straight away. While the man was occupied, Saul lay the cougar down on the ground, leaving the knife in its ribs for the moment. Aside from the slightly ruined shoulder, the cougar pelt would serve him well he though. He was interupted by the males words and Saul glanced back up at him.

"Its not a problem Regner. I'm Saul."

He said in return, although his eyes were already assessing the damage to the man. He would need to be bandaged up, but would he allow the younger, strange man to treat him? Saul wasn't sure. It seemed the man needed to explain what had happened and spoke of coming across the cougars nest not long ago. The Ichikan nodded softly, sympathy in his eyes. He couldn't think about how one day, he would be too old to provide for his family. That one day, he might have someone who depended on him solely, like the little girl for the man, and he would be unable to hunt for her properly. It caused him to shudder softly, although he nodded once again as Regner finsihed.

"I understand. I would have done the same, in your situation."

He said, before crouching down and removing a few things from his bag. He wouldn't need much to sort the mans cuts out, but he needed his permission first. "I'm a medic from Ichika no Ho-en. Would you let me help you?" Saul asked, green eyes filled with concern for the man. He was old, that was obvious, and leaving cuts alone, especially those from a feline, was tempting fate.

OOC ENDING
Regner allows Saul to heal his wounds, whilst telling him about his granddaughter Adelle. Saul in turn tells him of Ichika. Saul skins the cougar and leaves with well wishes for the man and his ward.

word count;; 397
"speech"
[/html]

Messages In This Thread