Each journey starts with a pawprint
[html]

Is Titania in Lupus?

Word Count → 538

Neela practically jumped out of her skin when the voice sounded out from behind her. Neela hadn’t smelt the wolf coming at all which was worrying, while smelling scents over the tang of salt in the air at or near sea was difficult it was something that Neela had trained herself to do and the loss of the skill was worrying.

However Neela had little time to berate herself as her body had reacted instinctively to the presence, twisting so that she was facing the stranger, hey injured arm hunched up as she warily tried to assess who had come upon her. While Neela meant to offense or trespass she was aware that she was not a very intimidating figure at the moment; her ribs were still visible from her malnourishment of the past few weeks and with the bleeding beginning anew her injured arm was visible for the entire world to see. In short she was practically the definition of an easy target for an opportune wolf to take.

Fortunately the stranger seemed disinterested in confrontation, their strange greeting holding a tinge of friendliness within the tone of her voice and so Neela let her body relax, her muscles loosening and her injured arm being brought from its defensive posture, a sign of trust that she hoped would be well received by the stranger. Neela gave a minute bow along with the other signs of submission appropriate to a visitor in another packs lands, "Greetings, I am Neela Garcia" As Neela spoke she took the opportunity to examine the wolf she was talking to. While young the other moved with a certain confidence that was unmistakable, that of either an alpha or a high-ranking wolf patrolling their territory, it seemed that her submission had been a wise choice.

Neela straightened up just in time to hear the wolf's question and twitched an ear in response before expanding verbally, "Yes, I know the lands. I hail from Ichika no Hoen to the east. I was curious about the rumours of a new pack up here and, as you can see," Neela cast a hand towards her boat, "I am a sailor. I thought it prudent to get the measure of your borders, so that I may avoid them in the event of poor weather forcing me to land unexpectedly in the future." Hopefully that excuse, backed by the fact that it was actually true, would be enough to stave off any suspicion about her intent.

Neela gave a second bow, this time brief, bow as the other wolf introduced herself as Titania Moonsong, and her pack as New Dawn, "It is a pleasure to meet you Madame Titania." Neela was at a bit of a loss as to how to proceed. Typically one would offer a gift when visiting a pack for the first time but Neela hadn’t expected to encounter anybody. Her ship was loaded for the journey and aside from whiskey, which she doubted the pack would appreciate from what she had heard, she had little that was appropriate for a gift or that she could afford to part with, so instead she simply lapsed into a polite silence, her arms held loosely in-front of her.

<style type="text/css"> .neelastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#37370f; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;} .neelastar p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;} .neelastar {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#909179; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/357on02.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 415px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dfdcd6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} .neelastar .wordcount {color:#37370f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dfdcd6; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;} .neelastar .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread