We Meet Again
[html]

That's fine. <3 Requesting him now. xD And this reply sucks...

As his pale fingers toyed with the shinies sitting at the edge of the furs, Levent kept his ears swiveled toward the female for her answer. He did his best to file the information away and memorize the names; it would be critical for him to survive in this new region. Power and pride gullible fools, the dance of darkness and delight he needed. With his silver tongue, he’d have little trouble bartering or perhaps even receiving a bit of power. His expectations were not particularly high, as what worked for the European luperci might not be something these North American ones went for, but he knew that he would adapt with time.

The lesson on packs was interrupted as a lovely woman came in, and the male couldn’t help but shoot her a grin when her eyes flickered shyly to him. His flirtatious expression collapsed into one of amusement as Amy bared a tooth at the girl, and he turned his attention onto the boar, waiting for Amy to partition it for the both of them. As he took a bite of the liver, she described a pack of coyotes, a species he wasn’t quite as familiar with. Few coyotes lived on his birth continent. It wasn’t a big deal, as all canines were canines, and species only altered some instincts and personalities, but he’d be curious to meet them nonetheless—a safe distance from their borders and with throwing knives in hand, of course.

The brown wolf smirked faintly as she mentioned the southern packs, even as he pried off a part of the meat for Wilson to nibble on. He’d fit right in with other animal-lovers, even if that way lay less power than the deals he was seeking to make.

Levent shrugged at mention of slavery. “The luperci here operate differently, I suppose, and have peculiar beliefs. I only know about the acceptance of slavery in what I’ve read. Some of these wolves could use to be enlightened.” His tone was without amusement, but not firm or pressing, only a casual observation and statement. He had seen slaves before in Eurasia, and his heart had gone out to some of them, but his ultimate moral position on the issue had been undecided. It was times like these that he turned to his book, and that position was clear. Slavery could be a punishment for disbelief, and the children of slaves and prisoners of war entered slavery. At the same time, however, for a master to set his slave free was praiseworthy. He mulled over these thoughts as he ate, knowing that there would be much to learn and teach these Nova Scotians.

“I’ll check out these northern packs as you suggested,” the Turkish wolf said at last, smiling at her. “Then I’ll head south and steal all their livestock.” His voice was jesting, but there was no doubt Levent would try to get his hands on at least one of them.

<style type="text/css">
.razehiss b {font-weight:bold; color:#635e63; letter-spacing:1px; }
.razehiss t {font-style:italic; color:#635e63; letter-spacing:1px;}
.razehiss w {font-weight:bold; color:#fffaf0; letter-spacing:1px; }
.razehiss p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.razehiss {margin:0 auto; width:490px; background-color:#c6c2ba; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LBXBc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#53514d; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread